Sunday, September 20, 2009

I don't know...

Life feels busy, crazy and mostly out of control.
Brandon's third birthday snuck up and hit us on Friday- We took the family to Chuck-E-Cheese.... on a Friday night.... not our smartest move, here I was trying to get a picture of Brandon - "Brandon look at me -say cheese" No, look at me...
Since he won't look at me I decide to go with the more candid shots.
Big News!! I found a preschool that had openings and would take kids that just turned 3. I really felt like some structure would be really good for him (and lets face it- getting some things done around here and not chasing him all over the neighborhood is also very nice.)
I could have sworn his hair did NOT look like this when I took him. I kept telling him I bet they will sing Happy Birthday to you - so right when he walks in the door he yells "Happy Birthday!!!" He's not exactly the shy kid in the class.Other big news.... I have mixed feelings about this one.... Hoover went to live at my friend Misty's house where there is more love and attention for him. It is nice to have a backyard now that we can all play in, and it is nice to know that if you leave something out there it won't get demolished, but even I miss him and Abby does too, but at the same time it was a lot of work for her and she kept saying she wished that more people in this family loved him. She was happy and relieved to see that Misty's kids loved him so much and we might even be able to babysit him sometimes.

4 comments:

Robbin said...

Do you think your friend wants a basset hound too? We have exactly the same problem. I have been contemplating sending Flash away also. The girls don't really care for him but throw a fit everytime I say we're getting rid of him. We don't have a fenced yard and the neighbors won't put up with him so he's either on a chain all day or locked in the garage at night where he pees and poops everywhere! I don't even want to think about what winter will be like because he IS NOT coming inside! Who knew such a cute puppy would turn out to be such a pain! Poor Abby. At least she knows he's with good people and can see him sometimes.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

I feel your pain, we went through 4 dogs, each one lasted a month or two. Marley and Me hit a little too close to home. We finally did find a keeper, she's a sweetie and very mellow. Your kids probably will miss her, but your life just got a little simpler! Happy Birthday to Brandon!

Lisa said...

That's awesome that Misty took the puppy. You'll all be able to rest a little easier since you found her a good home. I'm thinking preschool sounds so heavenly. . . do you think I could find one for a not yet potty trained 21 month old? :)

Tesha said...

enjoy pre-school, hopefully it lasts - the last 2 days of pre-school Luke refused to get out of the car :) I feel your pta pain, i'm the treasurer this year - we just had our fall festival, i could have given you some tips on the food anyway i've been eating living and breathing pta - actually ours is pto - hope all is well