Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zions-Pinecreek

To finish off our month of traveling we made a trip with a couple friends from our ward to Zions. We took turns watching kids, the kids got a couple days of swimming and catching lizards and tirantulas while we went repelling. Mike's new passion is canyoneering (spelling??). Him and Rob (our neighbor) are taking a group of boys down in a few weeks to do some repelling here and wanted to get some more practice. It was awesome, gross, beautiful, and fun. here are some pics.


We walked and swam through several ponds like these..... the first one had several frogs and a snake in it. Today when I told Mike I was scared to speak in church he said whatever- you are a woman who can swim in snake infested waters. So maybe this experience has taught me something.....

Can you see the logs and yucky debris in this water?????

8 comments:

Carrie said...

That looks awesome and amazing, Mindi! Maybe someday, Jake and I will attempt to try something like that.

Marci said...

Looks like a fun adventure! Good for you for swimming with frogs and snakes!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

That looks like so much fun...despite the gross water!!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Wow, I'm not sure I could have done that! You're getting gutsy in your old age!

Grandma Jalene said...

Way to go!! I'd like to try that someday - the repelling, not the snake thing.

Tesha said...

cute photos ~ you are way braver than I!!!

Lisa said...

I think I would take issue with the snake- Yikes!

The Pack's said...

Aaron and a bunch of our friends just did Pinecreek the end of May. He said it was awesome! How fun that you were able to do that with Mike.