Here is how a ADHD mind works when planning out neighbor gifts. Different thoughts are numbered.
1. Beginning of Dec. we have a neighborhood party for the sole purpose of donating to a charity INSTEAD of neighbor gifts. So my first thought is NOT to do neighbor gifts.
couple weeks later......
2. friend (that lives in neighborhood) gives me a delicious package of caramels beautifully presented... So maybe I could/should make a few little treats.......whats the holidays without junk food around to nibble on? just to a couple of my most favoritist people.....
3. Maybe just sugar cookies....
4. Never mind sugar cookies don't have any cute cookie cutters.
5. Make caramels....
6. Caramels eaten.. (by Mike and I mostly)
7. make a trip to Orson Gygi in Salt Lake, looking for these cute star cookie cutters that make into a tree -saw them online somewhere. Maybe I can make sugar cookies if they are presented differently. Don't have cookie cutters I want. Buy stuff to make caramel dipped pretzels, but still thinking about making more stuff.
8. Pizelle cookies- read about them in a magazine- go to Kitchen store looking for Pizelle maker-its $50- nevermind Pizelle's. But while looking for Pizelle maker -find the star cookie cutter- but after making 2 trees decide that it is WAY too much work. Kind of had a leaning tower sort of problem.
9. Make caramel dipped pretzels.
10. Mike tells me he hates them.
11. Buy 15 (number has grown have no idea who I am giving these to) countertop cleaners that are scented like winterberry and 15 cute winter dish rags. Type up saying "Wishing you a BERRY clean Christmas".
12. Spend all day wrapping them, Logan comes in and says "Why would anyone want THAT for a present?"
So what do you think???? Besides that I'm crazy and need bigger problems to worry about.

9 comments:
i think that is a great neighbor gift! Who has time to worry any more - go and enjoy your family.
You are funny...it is hard to decide about EVERYONE. Teachers, neighbors, church friends (out here those are different), etc
Have a Merry Christmas!
You are cracking me up! I totally miss that ADHD mind. I think anything gesture is appreciated and meaningful, no matter the cost or effort. Merry Christmas!
I'm going to have to vote for anything counts. My neighbors get 1/3 of a pumpkin roll that's it. This year I thought I was all extravagant and bought cellophane. You're not the only one. I have a friend in Idaho that posted about the stress of neighbor gifts too!
I just can't do it this year. I'm not crafty enough. Nor am I a good cook. I say forget it and send me the caramel pretzels:)
I think that since I didn't get a gift that I must not be one of your favoritist people so maybe I will go eat worms. Oh wait, I'm not your neighbor so maybe that doesn't count.
You did great to have a party and double great to give some gifts so I'm thinking two things this year means you're off the hook for next year?
I'm with Logan on this one. In this situation, go with an easy and thoughtful classic. The mixtape! You really can't go wrong here. Make sure Jordan's is a dance mix.
Hey it's now Christmas eve, are you going to take any of these things out or just worry about it?
I like you, spent way too many hours getting gifts ready for Christmas. I always try to start early, so I'm not stressed out, but I always find a way to make more work for myself. I actually would prefer cleaner over sweets.
I love to give neighbor/friend gifts too but somehow they consume much more time and energy than I ever think they will. I found some clearance things on sale today and at least have 7 easy items for next year (trying to make next year a little more stressfree). Now if I could just find 20 more.
Post a Comment