Sunday, November 16, 2008

We're expanding our family

We are pleased (and a little scared) to announce that we have a new addition- ANOTHER BOY:His name is Hoover. He's Abby's. Abby's wanted a dog for the whole 11 years of her life. She is so excited. She took him for 2 walks this morning before 8:3o a.m. She cleans up his droppings and takes care of him during the night. Her brothers, dad and papa went and picked up the puppy and brought it to her party to surprise her- It was an awesome surprise!
There are advantages to being the only Girl!!!
These pictures are from the Spa Birthday party we had for her on Saturday night, she is turning 11 on Monday, can I just say whew! That was a lot of work! We recruited Aunt Jodi and cousin Emery, Grandma Julie, and Jodi the estetician. Abby will never again have such a huge and wonderful party until of course she gets married.
The girls made bath salts, which was way fun and easy and messy to make. They just combined Epsom Salt, a scent and color in ziploc baggy and mixed it up.
They ate light snacks in between their facial, pedicure and hair "appointments".

11 comments:

jellington614 said...

Looks like it was way fun!!! You seriously went WAY out. I love the gifts. Happy Birthday Abby!!!

Lisa said...

You are such a fun mom Mindi! I am going to have to remember this for my lonely daughter.

Linzie said...

K so my birthday is next month and I was wondering if you would give me a party!!!! I so wish I was there!!!!!!! Hopefully one day, keep your fingers crossed. Happy Birthday Abby!!!!!! We love you and miss you a TON!!!! Good luck with Hoover:)

Carrie said...

That sounds like so much fun! I am so happy for Abby to get a puppy finally. I remember her pretending that Logan was a puppy. :)

Anonymous said...

It looks like the party was a success. Everything looks awesome! Kyla is going to be soooo jealous about the dog.
Kristin

Grandma Jalene said...

It's good you have at least 1 daughter to use your girl creativity on.

Melanie said...

Dogs are scary, I aggree. However, getting a dog when I was young was the best thing that ever happened to me, it changed my whole outlook on life and in a lot of ways made me happy.

colleen said...

WOW! She is some lucky. I would have never guessed a Dog. My kids are not allowed to view the blog until the puppy is filed to an older post.

Kimberly said...

You always throw the funnest parties. I'm sure she won't have to wait until she's married to have another of your parties. Jackson's is tommorow so I had better go and make his cake.

RSP said...

You caved!? Proof that you truly love your daughter;) Looks like the party was a blast!

Kim G. said...

How is life with the puppy for you?