If you have considered getting a dog for your child who has begged for one, PLEASE consider the following:
1. Do YOU like dogs?-VERY VERY IMPORTANT- because apparently YOU will most likely have to touch it.
2. Do YOU have 3/4 + hours a day EVERY DAY to devote to housetraining and dog-walking?
3. Do YOU ever want to leave your house for more than one and half hours at a time?
4. Do YOU need more guilt in your life?
5. Do YOU like to smell like dog? Do you like your house to smell like dog?
Mike wants to follow this blog entry with a FYI to all the husbands -if your wife starts a blog consider the fact that you won't be getting any dinner, dishes won't get done, etc.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
You don't blog all that often. Besides, you just tell him it is cheaper and takes less time than calling all of us long-distance and chatting on the phone.
Boy I'm laughing about that dog! I'm glad someone else is feeling my pain and at the same time! I broke down and bought a crate to try and house train our pup. It's been almost a week and a half and this morning I thought I would give him a little break and let him out before I took him outside. He had the nerve to stand a foot away from me and pee right in the middle of the kitchen! At least it was only pee and it wasn't on the carpet. Who knew it would be such a challenge! Good luck with yours.
Mindi, I feel your pain and I have learned! THANK YOU! After I banned your blog from my childrens eyes my neighbor came over to show my family what a great present he got for his wife and 4 children while they are out of town.... A PUPPY and my kids LOVE it! She is alot like you and VERY reserved about risky situations. In her case her husband was just being the best dad on the block if not the best dad ever!
So Jared said that if we ever get a pet we are getting it from the pound and it has to be OLD!!! I wish I was there to dog sit and hang out with ya! Give me a call, I have questions about this disney world trip???
I apologize Mindi. I could have warned you and I didn't!
I'm sure you are a fast typer. One paragraph, what is that 5 minutes? Thanks for the dog tips. I keep telling my kids when we have 5 acres of land then...
I am laughing out LOUD!!!
Mindi,
Let's see if you can keep your dog longer than we have. Our first puppy lasted 2 weeks before we gave it away. Our next dog we did a little better and made it 4 months before we returned it. Pets are a lot of responsibility. It is really cute though. At least Abby is taking care of it for now. Good-luck!
Post a Comment