Saturday, November 8, 2008

Jamaican me crazy

In case you haven't heard, Mike and I went to Jamaica last week. It was fun. We went with the Larsen's, this was sort-of a celebration of passing a big test! It was so fun to spend time with them again.
-The highlight of the trip for Mike and Nick was getting scuba certified. Here is a picture of us going out to snorkel- SUPER FUN- my new love. Here we are being trained in scuba diving. We all went scuba diving once and then Mike and Nick went a couple more times after this to get certified. Fun but tooo stressful for me, I like breathing too much.
Mike and I holding a sea urchin, notice the weather in the background, it rained nearly every day that we were there. I think we are mixing up our vacations- this is the sign everyone does in Hawaii that means hang loose / chill-out, everyone in Jamaica just says "No problem Mon".
show-off

Another fun thing to do in Jamaica is the Canopy tours/zip-line and bobsled ride.


A Jamaican vacation at an "all inclusive" resort means LOTS OF EATING - here we are with the waiter. The food's presentation was always beautiful, but not always the best tasting so a couple of nights we went to "two dinners".
I replaced my normal diet-coke consumption with a calorie laden pina colada addiction. Good thing I didn't try to loose weight before I went or I would be REALLY mad about the 4 lbs I gained.

9 comments:

Robbin said...

When I was younger I always wanted to scuba dive.#1- I will probably never go anywhere warm and scuba-worthy and #2- That movie 'open water' I think was the name totally freaked me out. I would be the tourist who got left in the middle of the ocean by the boat. Your trip looks like awesome! I'm jealous of all your adventures!

RSP said...

You guys are way too much fun! I've never been to Jamaica, but now I want to go for sure!

Anonymous said...

Your trip looks awesome. I didn't know you were back - and I am totally impressed about the snorkeling and scuba diving.
Kristin

Kimberly said...

Fun pictures! I love snorkeling too. We bought our gear when we went two years ago and haven't been since...I'll show Brandon the pics. You're brave to try scuba. I definitely prefer the top of the water too.

Carrie said...

These pictures are great. I had no idea you were there with the Larsen's. I am even more excited about our trip to Maui with the Price's. I'll be sure to post our pics as well.

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Mindi,
I gained 5 pounds!! Maybe I had a couple too many desserts. It was fun, it's time to plan our trip for next year.

bentanelle said...

I can't believe you went to Jamaica and didn't come here!! we were just an island hop away, and I would make you an omelet in the morning with fancy things on your plate! I could maybe whip up some kind of fancy dinner presentation... it might involve three small kids, but still fun!! Glad you had a good time and someone was in our weather for at least a week!!

The Pack's said...

Wow! Jamaica! Looks like you had a great time. I love the pina colada's too! They are my favorite. I'm glad you had a chance to get away and have some fun.

Melanie said...

I am GREEN with envy....