Trip to Yellowstone- Highlights1- Saw bald eagle in a nest, buffalo, elk, coyote, big-horn sheep, grizzly bear, black bear, black bear with 2 cubs, grizzly bear with cub, black bear. -oh and some geysers and cool scenery. Honestly Yellowstone is better than Disney (uh-oh Raschelle I didn't mean that) you get to sit in your nice air-conditioned car enjoy snacks and good conversation and a few verses of "Four wheels on my wagon" while driving around beautiful scenery and occassionally stopping to see something incredible. LOVE IT!
2- Met up with our good friends the Larsens, who were also vacationing in Yellowstone, had lots of fun! Here is a picture of us having ice-cream.
and enjoying a movie at the Imax theater together- thanks Emily I stole these pictures from your blog.3- We now have 3 Junior Rangers- its no easy task to become one of these you must know your Yellowstone facts-all three are available for guided tours if you would like them to accompany you on your next trip.
4- Besides the 2 flat tires and the small wreck (i mean incident) and subsequently lots of dollars it was totally worth it.
Black bear with 2 cubs in tree- so cute!
RV campground near Island park- who knew dandelions could be beautiful? Bear world- this is about the time that I asked Mike if he thought the windows in the RV were bear proof.
Yep- thats a leash on Brandon- I think it was necessary since the boiling acid was just a step away and Brandon is always 10 steps ahead of any of us.
Bear that just climbed down the tree from his nap.
Big-horn sheep Boys and coyote in background

A dad and his boys in the mountains

8 comments:
It was a fun trip! You got some really great animal pictures, I love the mama bear with her cubs. Maybe we should have stuck around another day. It was nice to see your family, I hope we can get together again soon.
Wow, you may have actually convinced me to consider a vacation to Yellowstone. I do not like camping of any kind, but it looked like you guys were having fun. Glad you had a nice time, and got home safely.
I am so jealous! We LOVE Yellowstone and have some great memories there. We need to get our kids there again. It sounds like you saw a lot of bears, that's pretty amazing. We haven't always had that kind of luck (if you can call it luck. . .)
Ok, first of all...
You saw bears?! Of all the trips we took to Yellowstone, we only saw bears once and they were a million miles away. My mom used to pay us for spotting animals (5 cents for a herd of buffalo, $1 for elk, $5 for a bull moose, etc.) and nobody ever got the bear payout ($20). You better call her up and cash in!
The only reason you liked it better than Disney is because you've never been with us, and minus kids. It's awesome. Especially during the food and wine festival!
Usually I am anit-leash but I am saying good call on this one. Tyson's parents were talking about taking our future children to Yellowstone and I literally could not stop the visions of them falling into hot pots. Scary!
Why don't you post the picture of the bears hugging? I bet most people have never seen that before...
OK so this post shows the comment coming from LIz, but actually it's Jay. My wife already had a log-in name, so I used it. However, I don't feel very manly posting this comment, but I'll get over it. Since I don't have your e-mail address, this will have to do. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading about all your travels. We have had a few "..Vactaion(s) - i mean trip(s)" this summer. Our next one will be taking us to Ogden next weekend. This one is more in the "trip" category. Hopefully we can get together. I hope the house is on schedule. We had to live with friends because of delays with ours a few years ago. Tom Harris and his family were awesome and took us in for a month. If you want to find out all the dirt, i mean in-sight, on my little family, visit http://web.mac.com/jayras I've learned a few things myself from the post of my sweet wife.
I love yellow stone! Good job with the leash and Brandon, I would have done the same thing. We went camping last summer here and a mother bear and her two cubs came to our camp site. We all had to hurry and pack up our food and then get in our cars till she left. Crazy!
Again, I can't count the times we spent in Yellowstone for our family's annual trip. We, however, never saw any bears! That's awesome! We always stayed in Grant's village before it burned, and took countless trips to see the hotpots and old faithful. Needless to say, there was always ice cream - even for dinner!
Post a Comment