Thursday, May 29, 2008

Info

Mike thinks that I need to add a whole story about how wonderful of a time we had in Hawaii, I tell him I hate to brag too much. I wish I had more pictures I would be willing to share, in case you didn't notice I had to crop, crop, crop to even post ANY pictures. Anyways- here goes the bragging-Things we loved about our trip:

1- No kids- (Mahalo to Mike's parents!!)
2- Free Breakfast at the Marriott-it took us a few days to master this one-Belgium waffles with a layer of freshly crushed pineapple, whipped topping, shredded coconut, topped off with coconut syrup.
3- The beautifully clear water, with very soft sand beaches.
4- Snorkeling- Even I found that I liked it-next time we are taking 2 sets of snorkeling gear.
5- Polynesian culture center- that was fun to see so many different cultures enjoying learning about different cultures.
6- Having dinner at Jameson's by the Sea and watching the sun go down at the same time.
7- THE WEATHER.
8- My new hat and purse I bought there.
9- Hiking- I mean - the view at the top of Diamond Head.
10- Fresh pineapple from the Dole pineapple plant.

Things I was surprised to find out about Hawaii- this being my first trip there.

1- It's a 6 hour LONG plane ride especially when sitting next to a seat hogging alcoholic (no, not Mike)- Next time Window seat
2- It's not all lush tropical forest it was very dry on our hike- it reminded me of Utah.
3- How big of a city Wakiki is, I pictured bamboo huts everywhere and instead found skyscrapers.
4- Japanese is their "second" language.
5- That being homeless in Hawaii isn't really that bad of a gig.
6- In Hawaii I'm not the worst looking woman in a swim suit- Utah swimming pools, different story.
7- Once you've been, you have a huge desire to go back.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a blast! I am jealous. We went to Kona 2 years ago for a meeting for Jason (our vacations= meetings for him, lounging for me)and it was awesome. I would love to go back to Oahu or Maui or any of the islands.

I agree with the swimming suit comment. I have been to Hawaii in a swim suit and felt fine. And I have been to Utah swimming pools where I felt the like a sea cow next to many, many little minnows (nicely tanned minnows of course).

Melanie said...

Finally! I was waiting to hear exactly this.....I guess I can thank Mike.

Mimi said...

I'm so glad you got to get away! Hawaii is wonderful - I even love it with kids and of course I love that Japanese is the second language there. Today in fact, my kids were asking when we were going back to Hawaii and wishing that we could move there. I can definitely see where they are coming from. Hope you are feeling warmed and refreshed.