Friday, March 14, 2008

Fancy Schmancy

My sister Kim once said that anyone that says "fancy shmancy" really isn't fancy schmancy, since then I have caught myself on several occasions using these two little words. Like to describe these "way cute" watches from bumbles, Jodi got me one for Christmas and thus the obsession started. I do have to admit that maybe you really aren't fancy schmancy if you think one little accessory is going to do the trick. Lately I have been throwing this little baby on and feeling like I am fancy enough to go out for the day, my outfit may not even warrant such an accessory (thanks Marcie for the terminology), but if out of the corner of my eye I can see and hear something flashy and sparkly I somehow feel better about myself.

House update:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way when I have on jingley earings. I love if they make noises when I move. I'm all for fancy schmancy!!
Kristin

Robbin said...

How funny! That reminds me of one of my girls favorite books called Fancy Nancy about a girl who loves to be fancy. She thinks everything is better if you accessorize and even words sound better if you put a french twist on them. Like fuchsia instead of purple or plume instead of pen. You sound just like Nancy. I agree though. Whenever I shop for myself I usually don't buy jewelry because I just keep thinking that really wont go with sweatpants which is what you can find me wearing on most days. But lately I'v tried to think outside the box and actually accessorize a little. I even got invited to a bumbles party last weekend and was bummed because I couldn't go but I found out they sell them at fast gas in Salem so I want to check them out. Your house looks great. Now the really fun stuff starts. Like paint colors and carpet and picking out all the stuff that you never even thought about before. Like the door handles matching the light fixtures or the faucets. Does anyone even really notice that stuff unless they are building a house? It is fun though.

Mimi said...

Your house is coming along so quickly - I'm sure you don't feel that way but it seems like you just barely posted about the big hole. I am very excited for you and hope to be able to see the finished product this summer.

Lisa said...

Mindi, Where are you building? If I ever make it to Utah again I will want to pay you a visit. My parents think they might build in Ogden after their mission (they are in Australia). Just so you know, with or without that very cute watch, you are fancy and always have been :)

jackie said...

I know what you mean about the bling. I also feel that way when I have a manicure...at least for the first few days until i realize how really grundgy they are!

jackie said...

oh yeah, how many square feet is your house? If you don't mind me asking. I want to know how much I can hold this over Randy's head...if we'd moved to Idaho!

Julie said...

The scenery behind your house is amazing! Of course it doesn't compare to the rolling hills and greenery of Wichita.