How did it sneak up on us? It seems like yesterday that we were in college and setting off for 8 years of more schooling. Sure it seemed like it was dragging and we would wonder if it would EVER end and we would be able to start living a "real" life. It is so weird that we have finally "arrived" at the point in life we have been dreaming about and I still wonder when the "real" life is going to begin. Inside I feel exactly the same as when we left. Just with older/more kids.
So when someone I started a random conversation with at the gym called me middle-aged it hit me like a ton of bricks WHAT? When did that happen? I spent all of those young years dreaming about these years and now I'm sad I'm middle-aged. Like what did I think was going to happen- we were still going to be young?
Well I was hoping at least we'd look like we were.
PS- isn't middle-age like around 45?????????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I so know how you feel. I am at that point that I have to think when someone asks my age - pathetic. I still think of us as the young married couple but I know so many people are looking at us and think we are old - I'm sure my YW do. But hey, we are just getting older - so better enjoy this young day!
You may think you are, but you aren't anywhere near middle-aged yet. Hang on for the ride though 'cause it catches us all like an avalanche. I have personal experience, but then what do mom's know, right?
At least your spouse wasn't calling you old when your only freaking 25.
Jaxon
Post a Comment